Tips for Cleaning the House
Cleaning the house is not only one of the most frustrating tasks, but also one of the most time-consuming. Whether you work long hours and are too tired after a long day to clean your house, or whether you have a large family that causes your home to become cluttered easily, cleaning the house is not a pleasant job. However, it is important to maintain a tidy home, as this helps bring balance to life. When it comes to cleaning the house, it can be helpful to follow a few house cleaning tips to make cleaning the house much easier.
Let’s look at three rooms and see how we can keep them safe and clean.
Cleaning the Bathroom
- Bacteria grows in moist environments, keep the bathroom ventilated and dry to prevent bacteria from multiplying.
- Close the lid of the toilet before flushing, to help keep germs from spreading to nearby surfaces.
- Keep the shower door or curtain open after use, to allow them to dry and prevent mildew.
- If mildew does appear use household bleach or bleach based cleaners to remove stains.
- Towels and wash cloths should be changed regularly to insure freshness.
- Water leaves marks, if it is left to dry, so wipe down surfaces after baths, showers and using the sink to prevent lime scale from forming.
- Make sure you and your family wash their hands after using the toilet.
Cleaning the Laundry
- Leave the dispenser drawer and front door on front load washing machines open to dry when not in use.
- Use the most suitable detergent product designed to allow you to take the best care of your clothes.
- Follow washing instructions on the detergent package and on your clothes for best results.
- Sort clothes colored and less or non-colored to avoid dye transfer.
- Take your clean laundry out of the machine as soon as possible and dry it, his will help keep unpleasant odors from developing.
Cleaning the Kitchen
- Keep your refrigerator clean and cold.
- Begin by washing glasses and end with the most soiled items like pots and pans put items to soak after use and before cleaning.
- Regularly change your sponges and cleaning cloths, keep them dry and clean by disinfecting to prevent build up of bacteria.
- Always clean surfaces and chopping boards immediately after use.
- Clean stove, microwave, door knobs, light switches and outlets regularly.
Creating an organization plan makes cleaning the house a much easier, and it can be helpful to consult with a professional house cleaner for more ways to clean your home. For more information contact us today: (425) 821-1561